Are you looking to gain mastery of the most important issues in critical theory, cultural studies, new media and social media studies for future job prospects and academic study?
Apply by May 8, 2019, for UCI’s inaugural Summer Program in Critical Theory, Film and New Media Studies. This five-week, intensive program is part of a unique collaboration with Tsinghua University’s top-ranked School of Journalism and Communication and supported by the Division of Continuing Education at UC Irvine.
- UCI is ranked #1 in literary criticism and theory by U.S. News & World Report
- Learn from distinguished faculty from both UC Irvine and Tsinghua University
- Strengthen your knowledge of film, new media, social media and gaming industries
- Gain preparation for careers in these fields and further study for advanced degrees
- Broaden your academic horizons through weekly guest lectures, seminars, film screenings, and workshops led by experts in their field
- Network with industry experts through field trips at film studios, new media companies, and gaming companies and explore legendary California neighborhoods where local subcultures thrive
- Participate in personalized writing workshops geared to your abilities, interests, and goals
- Application Deadline: May 8, 2019
- Summer 2019 dates: July 22 – August 23
- Tuition: $6,000 including course materials
- Dorm housing upon request: $1,725
- Course schedule: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. (seminars and guest lectures) and 1-4 p.m. (workshops and student presentations); Thursdays include field trips, site visits and walking tours (exact schedule TBA)
Do not miss this opportunity to engage intensively with peers and faculty in a creative and intellectually rich campus environment!
All course material costs are included in the tuition. Students will be awarded a certificate of completion through the UCI Division of Continuing Education.
For more information, please email email@example.com